Yesterday I had exactly no food. I did have some money though so I spent it on drinks, vending machine food is usually disappointing.
Unfortunately the search for a Dr. Pepper in the afternoon turned out to be in vain, I was forced, by shortages, to take a Diet Dr. Pepper.
Then I was bored
So I wrote a poem
about this travesty.
I need to explain before we go on, the pronunciation of the word Aspartame. For our purposes here, it is...aspart-amie
Aspartame,
Greek God of Sugar
An idle, false idol,
The scorn of Olympus
My foe in diet drinks
imposter invading my intestines
A foul and fetid substitute
for the pleasures given of nature
An insufficient chemical
masquerading
as something
more.
5 comments:
I think "fetid" is a glorious word. And this is, by far, the best poem on carbonated sans-sugar substances I've seen all day.
Hello, wife. Thanks for letting me do things like make comments on your blog on this Saturday night. Also, I like your poem. Truly, Diet Dr. Pepper is fetid.
I also enjoyed your ode to the diet Dr. Pepper. I think you are on the right track. I read on the internet (and we all know that it must be so therefore) that aspartame breaks down into formaldehyde and wood alcohol at room temperature. This surely qualifies it as "fetid".
I thought that was the most beautiful poem I have ever read. Thank you.
As such, I think that you have the ability to create beauty, therefore simply capturing beauty on film (as indicated in the next post) would perhaps leave the world wanting for your great masterpiece.
Unless this was it, in that case, point and click.
Maybe you could take a picture of your poem?
Post a Comment