Monday, July 06, 2009

First Quilt

If you don't know what I'm talking about, check this link and participate if you want.

I am such a beginner, that I have only finished one quilt that I am really proud of, so here is a picture. I called it my patience quilt, I bet you can guess why. And actually, this is only a picture of it laid out before I started sewing or anything.
It definitely shouldn't be viewed up close, especially by anyone who knows anything about quilting. In fact, my neighbor offered to help me finish the quilting, but I wasn't about to let her see it after admiring all the quilts she has made for her baby, so I screened her calls and finished it before she could come help.
and yet, it is on my bed.

hopefully I will at least keep pictures of all my quilts so that someday I can have a parade of quilts to look back on.

16 comments:

Laurie said...

Wait, who made the perfectly awesome brown-and-pink quilt for my weddin'? Trained monkeys?!

Laurie said...

Also: that is a lovely quilt. I had a twinge of envy looking at it...it has "heirloom" written all over it.

Hosander said...

It's true LJ, but for me, that is also a quilt that I would not look at too closely

Lisa D. said...

Wow - your colors are amazing. Great job for your very first one!

mkm said...

This picture makes me feel like you had to sneak up on the quilt so as to not scare it. Good thinking. Also, your quilt is beautiful. Even if it is only that way from afar.

Rachel Leslie said...

You need not fear my quilt expertise. The yellow and orange together is splendid.

Carrie said...

Oh my ~ this is gorgeous! I love the colors and I love the diamonds!

And close-up is overrated. While I think we should all try to do the best work we can, a "perfect quilt" isn't any prettier, any more wonderful, or any more special than one that has a few imperfections. :)

Good job and gorgeous quilt!

Dorothy said...

Amazing!

Camille said...

Diamonds to start? Wow you are brave! Looks great- thanks for joining in the fun!

Heather said...

Diamonds to start is very brave. I think it looks great.

Bus Gillespie said...

According to the Navajo tradition if you do something perfect then the evil spirits can't get out. So they always make a mistake on purpose as a portal for the evil spirits. You are a step a head of them!

Magnolia Bay Quilts said...

Wonderful quilt! The colors are beautiful. And the diamond pattern is very ambitious!

L Johnson said...

Wow such a great quilt!! Thanks for sharing:)

amber johnson said...

I think it is pretty and you had a good eye for color.

Deborah said...

I love the colors. You did a great job!

Tania @ Larger Family Life said...

That's a lovely quilt!